Produced by the City of Mauldin, the annual festival is a showcase of the heritage of our community, from its food to its music.
The Mauldin BBQ Cook-off features more than 20 cookers from all over the Southeast, competing to bring the best BBQ to Mauldin. The festival opens Friday night with our Anything Butt competition, where Participating Cookers serve anything BUTT their BBQ to pique your tastebuds. Sliders, grilled chicken, smoked cobbler—the only way to know what’s cooking is to come try it for yourself.
Saturday features the main event, a BBQ Cook-off competition with a panel of certified BBQ Tasters from the South Carolina Barbeque Association. The public will also have a chance to cast their vote for the best BBQ and the winner of the People’s Choice Award.
Paired with live music and family fun, this can’t-miss festival is the perfect pig-out.
CHECK BACK FOR DETAILS ON OUR 2022 EVENT!
Want to know what to expect before you get here? Check back for our downloadable guide!
- Lawn chairs and/or blankets are welcome at the outdoor amphitheater.
- Outside food and beverages are prohibited. Food and beverage vendors will be on-site.
- Attendees must be age 21+ to consume alcohol. An ID and wristband will be required. Wristbands may be obtained at the ticket tents.
- Dogs are allowed on leash. Please carry disposable bags to pick up any pet droppings.
- Smoking, skateboards, and bicycles are not allowed at this event.
Music and BBQ go together like…well, music and BBQ. All performances are free of charge and will be held in the Mauldin Cultural Center’s Outdoor Amphitheater right on the festival grounds. Bring your lawn chair and blankets to relax, digest, and enjoy the music! Remember — outside food and beverages are prohibited, and this is a smoke-free event.
See music from 2021 below – 2022 musical guests coming soon!
The Kids Zone is open Friday and Saturday. All activities are FREE!
Face Painting by LouLouMooShu
Plus meet Thumper from the Greenville Swamp Rabbits
We have plenty of opportunities for you or your group to volunteer at this year’s BBQ Cook-Off. Volunteers are needed both Friday and Saturday.
Just a few rules/regulations:
- Please sign up for only one position per timeframe, as you can only do one job at a time. Each shift is around three hours, but feel free to sign up for multiple shifts.
- Volunteers must be high school age or older. Some positions are only for those age 18+ or 21+. Middle school students may partner with a parent/adult to volunteer.
- Volunteers should bring a can-do attitude and some room for ‘cue in their bellies!
Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt and tickets for food on Friday or a tasting pass on Saturday.
2022 TEAM REGISTRATION
EVENT DATE: Friday, September 16 & Saturday, September 17, 2022
Only 30 BBQ Team slots are open this year. The event is sanctioned, and judged by the SC BBQ Association, and will award cash prizes to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th places. Teams are required to participate in Friday’s “Anything Butt” competition and showcase their non-BBQ skills (as well as give our lovely guests something to chow down on).
A $125 registration fee is REQUIRED and due for each team at the time of application. The fee is non-refundable for accepted Teams. The City of Mauldin reserves the right to reject any registration. If for some reason your registration is denied, you will receive a full refund. If for some reason you cancel after your registration has been received, accepted, and processed, you will be issued a refund if and only if the Event Coordinators can fill the empty slot with another cook team.
REGISTRATION FOR 2022
Registration is now open for the 2022 Cook-off! We will accept teams on a rolling basis until we have reached our cooker capacity.
HOW TO APPLY
Review the Cooker Packet below, then download and complete the registration form. As soon as you’re ready, submit it along with the $125 registration fee (check, cash or money order ONLY please) to Gina McAtee at PO Box 249, Mauldin, SC 29662.
Check out our prizes for 2022:
- 1st – $2,500
- 2nd – $2,000
- 3rd – $1,500
- 4th – $1,000
- 5th – $500
- Anything Butt – Free 2023 Registration
- People’s Choice – Free 2023 Registration
ANYTHING BUTT – SAVORY:
ANYTHING BUTT – SWEET:
BRISKET | 2ND PLACE:
The Hog Mafia
BRISKET | 1ST PLACE:
RIBS | 4TH PLACE:
Chicka Piga Moo
RIBS | 3RD PLACE:
Blind Swine BBQ
RIBS | 2ND PLACE:
Vicious Pig BBQ
RIBS | 1ST PLACE:
The Hog Mafia
GABE HUNTER PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD:
BBQ COOK-OFF | 5TH PLACE:
Pimp My Pig
BBQ COOK-OFF | 4TH PLACE:
BBQ COOK-OFF | 3RD PLACE:
BBQ COOK-OFF | 2ND PLACE:
BBQ COOK-OFF | 1ST PLACE: