Produced by the City of Mauldin, the annual festival is a showcase of the heritage of our community, from its food to its music.
The Mauldin BBQ Cook-off features more than 20 cookers from all over the Southeast, competing to bring the best BBQ to Mauldin. The festival opens Friday night with our Anything Butt competition, where Participating Cookers serve anything BUTT their BBQ to pique your tastebuds. Sliders, grilled chicken, smoked cobbler—the only way to know what’s cooking is to come try it for yourself.
Saturday features the main event, a BBQ Cook-off competition with a panel of certified BBQ Tasters from the South Carolina Barbeque Association. The public will also have a chance to cast their vote for the best BBQ and the winner of the People’s Choice Award.
Paired with live music and family fun, this can’t-miss festival is the perfect pig-out.
Want to know what to expect before you get here?
- Lawn chairs and/or blankets are welcome at the outdoor amphitheater.
- Outside food and beverages are prohibited. Food and beverage vendors will be on-site.
- Attendees must be age 21+ to consume alcohol. An ID and wristband will be required. Wristbands may be obtained at the ticket tents and are free of charge.
- Dogs are allowed on leash. Please carry disposable bags to pick up any pet droppings.
- Smoking, skateboards, and bicycles are not allowed at this event.
Music and BBQ go together like…well, music and BBQ. All performances are free of charge and will be held in the Mauldin Cultural Center’s Outdoor Amphitheater right on the festival grounds. Bring your lawn chair and blankets to relax, digest, and enjoy the music! Remember — outside food and beverages are prohibited, and this is a smoke-free event.
Bark-B-Q DOG ZONE
We are excited to feature an area just for our furry friends at this year’s festival, sponsored by WOW! Fiber Internet.
Splash Pads & Sprinklers
Giveaways with WOW! Fiber Internet
Specialty Dog Vendors
Adoptions with Dog Squad (Saturday Only)
| Friday Only | Friday & Saturday | Friday & Saturday | Saturday Only | Saturday Only |
*Pups must remain on leash!*
SPONSORS AND VENDORS
Thank you to our 2023 sponsors!
Blood Drive on Saturday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Donors get a $60 e-gift card and (5) free SOOIE. tasting tickets. Sign up in advance here!
We have plenty of opportunities for you or your group to volunteer at this year’s BBQ Cook-Off. Volunteers are needed both Friday and Saturday. Just a few rules/regulations:
- Each date has one shift – Please sign up for only one position as you can only do one job at a time. If you want to volunteer for both Friday and Saturday, make sure to sign up for your desired position both dates.
- Volunteers must be high school age or older. Some positions are only for those age 16+ or 21+. Middle school students may partner with a parent/adult to volunteer.
- Please read the position descriptions to ensure you are comfortable with the position requirements (ie: operating iPad, cash handling, etc.)
Volunteers will receive a bbq volunteer t-shirt to wear and 10 tasting tickets each! REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER HERE!
2024 TEAM REGISTRATION
2024 team registration will open in Spring 2024
Only 30 BBQ Team slots are open this year. The event is sanctioned, and judged by the SC BBQ Association, and will award cash prizes to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th places. Teams are required to participate in Friday’s “Anything Butt” competition and showcase their non-BBQ skills (as well as give our lovely guests something to chow down on). A $175 registration fee is REQUIRED and due for each team at the time of application. The fee is non-refundable for accepted Teams. The City of Mauldin reserves the right to reject any registration. If for some reason your registration is denied, you will receive a full refund. If for some reason you cancel after your registration has been received, accepted, and processed, you will be issued a refund if and only if the Event Coordinators can fill the empty slot with another cook team. 2023 Cooker Packet
Check out our prizes for 2024:
- 1st – $2,500
- 2nd – $2,000
- 3rd – $1,500
- 4th – $1,000
- 5th – $500
- Anything Butt – Free 2024 Registration
- People’s Choice – Free 2024 Registration
BBQ COOK-OFF | 1ST PLACE: Daddy Blue’s BBQ
BBQ COOK-OFF | 2ND PLACE: Slinging Meat
BBQ COOK-OFF | 3RD PLACE: Sadie Beth Barbeque Company
BBQ COOK-OFF | 4TH PLACE: Tail-Gater Hater
BBQ COOK-OFF | 5TH PLACE: High on the Hog BarBQ
ANYTHING BUTT | SAVORY: S-M BBQ
ANYTHING BUTT | SWEET: High on the Hog BarBQ
GABE HUNTER PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: In the Army Que
RIBS | 1ST PLACE: Monkey Bottom Boys
RIBS | 2ND PLACE: Upstate Smokeshop
RIBS | 3RD PLACE: High on the Hog BarBQ
RIBS | 4TH PLACE: FFITS BBQ
TONY LINDSEY 1ST PLACE BRISKET AWARD: Casual Smokers
BRISKET | 2ND PLACE: JW Cooks
BRISKET | 3RD PLACE: Smoke by Day, Fire by Night