Our festivals and outdoor events are open to the public and free to enter! These events take place at our outdoor amphitheater located behind the Mauldin Cultural Center and often feature music, food, fun activities, and more. Enjoy nights of shag dancing with Beachin’ Fridays; the best BBQ in the southeast with SOOIE. Mauldin’s BBQ Cook-off; local art with our Mauldin Public Art Trail; and so much more!
Check out our current Festival Season, or visit our FAQS to see answers to popular questions.
Chautauqua History Comes Alive Festival | Ben Franklin, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Hedy Lamarr & Rosa Parks | Reinventing America
Get ready to laugh, cry and flat out have a great time at this festival of non-stop live history and fun for the whole family. Live shows are performed in costume by nationally acclaimed historical interpreters. Step back in time and meet these brilliant American game changers – hear their stories – ask them how their world changed.
- Create a new nation with Ben Franklin
- Turn darkness into light with Thomas Edison
- Spark the Electrical Revolution with Nikola Tesla
- Set the stage for Wi-Fi & cell phones with Hollywood’s Hedy Lamarr
- and like Rosa Parks demand your Civil Rights
Rain Plan – if a show is canceled due to inclement weather, the show will be aired virtually. Check HistoryComesAlive.org for weather updates and link to view show.
- Friday, September 3 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Ben Franklin
- Saturday, September 4 | 10 – 11:00 a.m. | Rosa Parks
- Saturday, September 4 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Thomas Edison
- Sunday, September 5 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Nikola Tesla
- Monday, September 6 | 10 – 11:30 a.m. | Thomas Edison
- Monday, September 6 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Rosa Parks
- Tuesday, September 7 | 10 – 11:30 a.m. | Nikola Tesla
- Tuesday, September 7 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Hedy Lamarr
- Wednesday, September 8 | 10 – 11:30 a.m. | Ben Franklin
- Wednesday, September 8 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Thomas Edison
- Thursday, September 9 | 10 – 11:30 a.m. | Hedy Lamarr
- Thursday, September 9 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Nikola Tesla
- Friday, September 10 | 10 – 11:30 a.m. | Thomas Edison
- Friday, September 10 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Rosa Parks
- Saturday, September 11 | 10 – 11:30 a.m. | Nikola Tesla
- Saturday, September 11 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. | Ben Franklin
- Sunday, September 12 | 7- 8:30pm | Hedy Lamar
Friday | September 17, 2021
6 – 9 p.m.
Saturday | September 18, 2021
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
2020 was our 10-year anniversary for the Mauldin BBQ Cook-off, but unfortunately COVID-19 put a hitch in our celebration plans. So this year might be our 11th year, but we’ve decided to make it our 10-year-not-10-year celebration – the 10th+1 Annual SOOIE. Mauldin BBQ Cook-off!
The Mauldin BBQ Cook-off features cookers from all over the Southeast competing to bring the best BBQ to Mauldin. The festival opens Friday night with our Anything Butt competition, where Participating Cookers serve anything BUTT their BBQ to pique your tastebuds. Sliders, grilled chicken, smoked cobbler—the only way to know what’s cooking is to come try it for yourself. Saturday features the main event, a BBQ Cook-off competition with a panel of certified BBQ Tasters from the South Carolina Barbeque Association. The public will also have a chance to cast their vote for the best BBQ and the winner of the People’s Choice Award. Paired with live music and family fun, this can’t-miss festival is the perfect pig-out.
’Twas the start of December, when all through Mauldin
The season was changing, and Christmas was callin’.
The City was decorated, glistening with might,
Knowing the holidays would soon bring delight.
Ring in the holiday season with Beachin’ Christmas! This inaugural event features live Beach-style festive music, a holiday market, pictures with Santa, the annual tree lighting, a beautiful light show, and some jolly extras that will help make your spirits bright!
Friday | April 29, 2022
6 – 9 p.m.
Saturday | April 30, 2022
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Join us for a weekend of PB & J — Pizza, Blues & Jazz! We’ve rounded up your favorite pizza joints to serve you at this inaugural festival, with live blues and jazz and local arts vendors. Sink your teeth into the cheesiest, greasiest slices of pie around, wash it down with cold beer and wine, and groove to some live blues and jazz bands!
Mauldin’s Public Art Trail seeks to beautify the community and support South Carolina artists. A new work is commissioned each year to fill one of the nine trail sites lining the perimeter of the Mauldin Outdoor Amphitheater.
Check back later for our announcement of the next artist to join the Mauldin Public Art Trail! This piece will be unveiled in June 2022.
Mauldin Makers Market
We’re making some exciting changes to our market and can’t wait to share them with you! We are always looking for ways to improve our support for local vendors in our community. The Mauldin Makers Market will continue to support our local farmers, artists, and artisans while bringing a new and exciting take to our beloved market! More details coming soon.
We’ll be playing all of your favorite beach hits and more at the Mauldin Outdoor Amphitheater. Bring your dancing shoes, lawn chairs and blankets – it’s gonna be a long, fun, Southern night!
Enjoy beer and wine, food trucks, shag lessons and more. Outside food and beverages prohibited. Must be 21+ to consume alcohol; ID and wristband ($1) required.
2022 Schedule Coming Soon | See the 2021 Schedule here!