High School Musical Jr Auditions
Saturday, October 28, 2023 | 10am – 7pm
- Pre-registration for auditions is REQUIRED.
Director – Meg Jones
Choreographers – Kristofer Parker and Abbey Sullivan
Music Director – Joel Dupont
CALLBACK AUDITIONS DATE:
Sunday, October 29, 2023 | 3pm – 6pm
Please make sure you are available for the callback time as well.
12 years old – 12th Grade.
***Child must be 12 years old by start of rehearsal date 1/9/2024
March 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23 at 7:30pm
March 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24 at 2pm
REHEARSAL: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Fridays 6:00pm – 8:30pm and (some) Saturdays – 10am – 1pm. (Subject to change) Rehearsals will extend close to tech week.
Rehearsal Start Date – January 15th, 2024
You may not be called for every rehearsal.
Please read the below, as our process has changed.
- Please prepare one 16 to 32 bars of a song in the style of High School Musical and 30 – 60 monologue.
- Please bring sheet music. An accompanist will be provided! No karaoke or instrumental tracks!
- Be prepared to dance!
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your audition time.
- Callbacks are Sunday, October 29th, 2023 at 3:00pm n the theatre at the Mauldin Cultural Center. If you receive a callback, you will be notified by email by Sunday at 6:00pm. If you did not hear from the Mauldin Theatre Company by that time, you were not called back.
- If you don’t receive a callback, that does not mean you are not cast.
- AUDITIONING DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACTORS A ROLE. All auditionees will be notified via email if they have been offered a role in the production.
- Pre-registration for auditions is REQUIRED. Please view registration, audition form, and headshot information below.
If you’re unable to attend during the audition day. Please submit a video submission available in the audition form. Please follow the instructions above in the Audition Prep. If you have any questions, please contact Kristofer Parker at [email protected].
***ALL ROLES ARE AVAILABLE
Registration & Audition Form
Pre-registration is required. All auditionees should arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to his/her scheduled audition block to ensure a smooth schedule. All actors must be available for all production dates. Actors are strongly encouraged to provide a completed audition form and headshot photo in advance.
Questions may be directed to the Mauldin Cultural Center at [email protected]
The cast will be posted, and actors notified at a date to be determined by the director.
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL JR AUDITION WORKSHOP
Date – October 7th, 2023
Time – 10:00am – 1:00pm
Registration – $25 per child
Description – Want extra help with your audition package?! This is your chance to get hands on coaching from the director and production team of High School Musical Jr. Students will have the opportunity to work on their monologue, songs and learn techniques to stand out during a dance call. Students will be asked to bring in their song and monologue they plan to audition with. Sign up today!
For further questions, please reach out to Kristofer Parker, [email protected]